Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dr.Muhammad Allama Iqbal Quotes

Letters of Iqbal
    the philosophy of Islam will be shown in terms of the modern philosophy, and if there are imperfections in the old ideas then they shall be removed. My task is merely constructive, and in this construction I shall take into consideration the best traditions of Islamic philosophy.
    اللھم صلی علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما صلیت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔
    اللھم بارک علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما بارکت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔

Comment

The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam
      What is the character and general structure of the universe in which we live? Is there a permanent element in the constitution of this universe? How are we related to it? What place do we occupy in it, and what is the kind of conduct that befits the place we occupy? These questions are common to religion, philosophy, and higher poetry.
      اللھم صلی علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما صلیت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔
      اللھم بارک علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما بارکت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔

Comment

Javid Nama (Pilgrimage of Eternity)
        The poet's nature is all searching, creator and nourisher of desire; the poet is like the heart in a people's breast, a people without a poet is a mere heap of clay. If the purpose of poetry is the fashioning of men, poetry is likewise the heir of prophecy.

Comment

Speeches and Statements
          The highest art is that which awakens our dormant will-force, and nerves us to face the trials of life manfully. All that brings drowsiness and makes us shut our eyes to reality around-on the mastery of which alone life depends—is a message of decay and death.

Comment

“Arise, and soar with the sun’s new-born rays,
            To breathe new life into dying nights and days.”

Comment

“What avails love when life is so ephemeral?
              What avaiIs a mortal’s love for the immortal?

Love that is snuffed out by death’s passing blast
              Love without the pain, the passion that consumes?

A flickering spark I am, aglow for a fleeting glance
              Flow vain for a flickering spark to chase an eternal flame!

Grant me the bliss of eternal life, O Lord,
              And mine will be the ecstasy of eternal love.

Give me the pleasure of an everlasting pain
              An agony that lacerates my soul for ever.”

Comment

“"Since love first made the breast an instrument
                Of fierce lamenting, by its flame my heart
                Was molten to a mirror, like a rose
                I pluck my breast apart, that I may hang
                This mirror in your sight
                Gaze you therein."”

Comment

“I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
                  And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon.”

Allama Iqbal quote
                  Last edited by .; 19 March 2015, 13:16.

Comment

“"I am but as the spark that gleams for a moment,
                    His burning candle consumed me - the moth;
                    His wine overwhelmed my goblet,
                    The master of Rum transmuted my earth to gold
                    And set my ashes aflame”

Comment

“But only a brief moment
                      is granted to the brave
                      one breath or two, whose wage is
                      The long nights of the grave.”

Comment

Working...
                      X