Re: Dr.Muhammad Allama Iqbal Quotes

MYSTERIES OF SELFLESSNESS
    "Since love first made the breast an instrument
    Of fierce lamenting, by its flame my heart
    Was molten to a mirror, like a rose
    I pluck my breast apart, that I may hang
    This mirror in your sight
    Gaze you therein."
    اللھم صلی علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما صلیت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔
    اللھم بارک علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما بارکت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔

Comment

"I am but as the spark that gleams for a moment,
      His burning candle consumed me - the moth;
      His wine overwhelmed my goblet,
      The master of Rum transmuted my earth to gold
      And set my ashes aflame."
      اللھم صلی علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما صلیت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔
      اللھم بارک علٰی محمد وعلٰی آل محمد کما بارکت علٰی ابراھیم وعلٰی آل ابراھیم انک حمید مجید۔

Comment

PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AT THE ALL INDIA MUSLIM LEAGUE SESSION AT ALLAHABAD IN 1930
        " I, therefore, demand the formation of a consolidated Muslim State in
        the best interest of India and Islam."

Comment

"But only a brief moment
          is granted to the brave
          one breath or two, whose wage is
          The long nights of the grave."

Comment

THE RECONSTRUCTION OF RELIGIOUS THOUGHT IN ISLAM

What is the character and general structure of the universe in which we live? Is there a permanent element in the constitution of this universe? How are we related to it? What place do we occupy in it, and what is the kind of conduct that befits the place we occupy? These questions are common to religion, philosophy, and higher poetry.

Comment

Stray Reflections
              For centuries Eastern heart and intellect have been absorbed in the question Does God exist? I propose to raise a new question new, that is to say, for the East Does man exist?

Comment

Javiadnama
                Look at the evils of the world around you and protect yourself from them. Our teachers give all the wrong messages to our youth, since they take away the natural flare from the soul. Take it from me that all knowledge is useless until it is connected with your life, because the purpose of knowledge is nothing but to show you the splendors of yourself!

Comment

Allama Iqbal
                  The causality-bound aspect of Nature is not the whole truth. Ultimate Reality is invading our consciousness from other directions as well, and the purely intellectual method of overcoming Nature is not the only way.

Comment

The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam
                    The teaching of the Qur'an that life is a process of progressive creation necessitates that each generation, guided but unhampered by the work of its predecessors, should be permitted to solve its own problems.

Comment

Stray Reflections
                      History is a huge gramophone in which the voices of nations are preserved.

Comment

Broadly speaking religious life may be divided into three periods. These may be described as the periods of Faith, Thought and Discovery.

Comment

Secrets of the Self
                          My Joseph is not for this market.
                          I have no need of the ear of Today.
                          I am the voice of the poet of Tomorrow.
                          My own age does not understand my deep meanings.

Comment

since God is the ultimate spiritual basis of all life, loyalty to God virtually amounts to man's loyalty to his own ideal nature. The ultimate spiritual basis of all life, as conceived by Islam, is eternal and reveals itself in variety and change. A society based on such a conception of Reality must reconcile, in its life, the categories of permanence and change. It must possess eternal principles to regulate its collective life, for the eternal gives us a foothold in the world of perpetual change. But eternal principles when they are understood to exclude all possibilities of change which, according to the Qur'ān, is one of the greatest `signs' of God, tend to immobilize what is essentially mobile in its nature. The failure of the Europe in political and social sciences illustrates the former principle, the immobility of Islam during the last five hundred years illustrates the latter.
                            What then is the principle of movement in the structure of Islam? This is known as Ijtihād.
                            The teaching of the Qur'ān that life is a process of progressive creation necessitates that each generation, guided but unhampered by the work of its predecessors, should be permitted to solve its own problems.

Comment

Speeches and Statements
                              Politics have their roots in the spiritual life of man. It is my belief that Islam is not a matter of private opinion. It is a society, or, if you like, a civic church. It is because present-day political ideals, as they appear to be shaping themselves in India, may affect its original structure and character that I find myself interested in politics. I am opposed to nationalism as it is understood in Europe, not because, if it is allowed to develop in India, it is likely to bring less material gain to Muslims. I am opposed to it because I see in it the germs of atheistic materialism which I
                              look upon as the greatest danger to modern humanity. Patriotism is a perfectly natural virtue and has a place in the moral life of man. Yet that which really matters is a man's faith, his culture, his historical tradition.
                              These are the things which, in my eyes, are worth living for and dying for, and not the piece of earth with which the spirit of man happens to be temporarily associated. In view of the visible and invisible points of contact between the various communities of India I do believe in the possibility of constructing a harmonious whole whose unity cannot be
                              disturbed by the rich diversity which it must carry within its own bosom. The problem of ancient Indian thought was how the One became many without sacrificing its oneness.
                              Today this problem has come down from its ethereal heights to the grosser plane of our political life, and we have to solve it in its reversed form, i.e. how the many can become One without sacrificing its plural character.

Comment

Thus, in the evaluation of religion, philosophy must recognize the central
                                position of religion and has no other alternative but to admit it as something focal in the process of reflective synthesis. Nor is there any reason to suppose that thought and intuition are essentially opposed to each other. They spring up from the same root and complement each other. The one grasps Reality piecemeal, the other grasps it in its
                                wholeness. The one fixes its gaze on the eternal, the other on the temporal aspect of Reality. The one is present enjoyment of the whole of Reality; the other aims at traversing the whole by slowly specifying and closing up the various regions of the whole for exclusive observation. Both are in need of each other for mutual rejuvenation. Both seek visions of the same Reality which reveals itself to them in accordance with their
                                function in life.

Comment

Working...
                                X