X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Problem

Frenz

how are you

well, i have problem with my usb ports/driver or so.

The problem started in this way.

1st my comp was not detecting cd-rom,i made some changes in bios,chipset,other changes like this , but it did not work so i opened the case and re-inserted the cd rom wires, it worked but after this my usb device failed to appear or my pc failed to detect.then again i made changes in bios or so, but all in vein

then i re-installed my windows xp sp1...updated to xp sp2 , but still my computer is not detecting usb like "MP3" AND "MP4".Please help me, i am very worry about this.

thanx

i am giving the usb driver which is installed by itself.

intel(R) 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 Enhanced host controller - 24CD
    intel(R) 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 universal host controller - 24C2
    intel(R) 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 universal host controller - 24C4
    intel(R) 82801DB/DBM usb 2.0 universal host controller - 24C7
    usb root hub
    usb root hub
    usb root hub
    usb root hub

now every information is given here.

plz help
    YOU CANNOT USE A LINK OF ANY FORUM IN YOU SIGGY - ADMIN

Re: USB Problem

app nay bios main changing ki.. app aisa karay kay apnay bios ko default karay. aur save and exit hajay...
    ya Allah sab ko apney hifz-o-amaan main rakh

Comment

i have moved bios to defaults by opening the cpu case and setting the silver cell.bios settings are on default

Comment

USB Driver Install Hai kia ?????

Comment

Device manager mein usb device mein jo driver install he us ke naam yeh hein details

usb root hub
          usb root hub
          usb root hub
          usb root hub

Comment

Originally posted by saarbaan View Post
            Device manager mein usb device mein jo driver install he us ke naam yeh hein details

usb root hub
            usb root hub
            usb root hub
            usb root hub

ye jo install USB drivers hai..is main eik eik pr click karky sub remove karo..or os kay bad dobra new hardware kilye search karo...agar search nahi horha to..system ko restart kar lo..Computer will detect usb automatically...or may be its solve your problem.. asa mery sath howa tha.. may nay ye sub koch kiya to sub sahi hogya...you can try it.

Comment

these could be due to some causes
              1. your windows ( OR INSTALLTION CD ) is crrupted
              2. Your MP4 or MP3 Players File Systems is got crrupted.

Sol.
              Try to detect some other USB HUMAN INTERFACE devices on same ports before installting a new windows or driver
              Try to detect your MP3 or MP4 player on anyother PC,

Then tell me what is the result and i will tell u Solution

تیرے جیسی آنکھوں والے جب ساحل پے آتےہیں
              تو لہریں شور مچاتی ہیں،
              لو آج سمندر ڈوب گیا ۔

~Mujay Vote Dain~
              پاکستانی کا خواب

Comment

Originally posted by Abdul Qudoos View Post
                these could be due to some causes
                1. your windows ( OR INSTALLTION CD ) is crrupted
                2. Your MP4 or MP3 Players File Systems is got crrupted.

Sol.
                Try to detect some other USB HUMAN INTERFACE devices on same ports before installting a new windows or driver
                Try to detect your MP3 or MP4 player on anyother PC,

Then tell me what is the result and i will tell u Solution
                Mp3 and Mp4 stick is working on other pcmy previous window xp failed detection and so i did new installation, everything gone perfect otherthan this usb device.

Comment

buddy forget about the past just think about future
                  tell me ur MP4 work ok on anyother pc ???
                  تو لہریں شور مچاتی ہیں،
                  لو آج سمندر ڈوب گیا ۔

~Mujay Vote Dain~
                  پاکستانی کا خواب

Comment

buddy forget about the past just think about future
                    tell me ur MP4 work ok on anyother pc ???

Both my mp3 and mp4 works on other systems

I several times uninstalled the usb devices and inserted my usb into port, system detect the new hardware and installed the usb device/driver....4 ports so it detected 4 usb root hubs but after this , it does not detect the removeable disk.again and again i tried to insert removeable disk but it did not detect.

but pc detect the device and install driver autumatically, does not detect the device after this driver is installed.

Comment

are u sure that u are using sp2?
                      and does u reinstall ur windows or update or rapir it?

i think driver file is missing
                      تو لہریں شور مچاتی ہیں،
                      لو آج سمندر ڈوب گیا ۔

~Mujay Vote Dain~
                      پاکستانی کا خواب

Comment

buhat achay janab

Comment

are u sure that u are using sp2?
                          and does u reinstall ur windows or update or rapir it?

i think driver file is missing

yes i am sure

i have updated my window xp to sp2 and my drivers are correctly installed, as i mentioned above.in my first post of this thread

tell me that how to make changes disable or enable usb device in bios?

Comment

There might be more than one entry in Add/Remove for the software for the USB drive. Whether or not that is the case, sometimes an un-install program does not remove all it should. e.g. it may have not have removed WDBtnMgr because it was still running at the time - you may have to close it before doing the un-install (e.g. by turning it off in Task Manager, or by RIGHT clicking on it's icon, choosing close, or similar) - at the end of uninstalling sometimes it says not everything was removed, and there is a Details button you can click on to see what that is about.
                            If your mboard has only 2 USB ports built into the mboard (it may also have a headeer for 2 more on the mboard that can be connected to a 2 port USB adapter plate) it probably is USB 1.x, not USB 2.0.
                            You can find out in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers - if it has USB 2.0 it will either mention USB 2.0 or have listings for both USB and enhanced USB Host controllers, or similar.
                            USB 2.0 would also be mentioned in the mboard manual, and in specifucations for the mboard model on the MSI web sites.
                            If you don't have USB 2.0, the USB connected hard drive will probably still work, but it can't achieve the maximum speed the hard drive is capable of.
                            Windows does not have support for USB 2.0 built into it, but if you were to get a USB 2.0 card, some of them have Win software/drivers that enables USB 2.0 support (beware - some USB cards do not come with Win software/driver support).
                            Your USB connected hard drive can achieve it's full max speed if connected to USB 2.0.
                            " I haven't added any new hardware to my computer during that time."
                            Good. If you had, there might have been some resource conflict that prevented the USB drive from being detected, whether it shows up in Windows or not.
                            "Is there any software that can help test if there is a problem with my usb ports?"
                            Possibly, but I don't know offhand.
                            If you have something else such as a USB mouse or keyboard, you can try it in each USB port.
                            If that works, there's probably nothing wrong with the ports.
                            If that doesn't work, your USB driver support files could be corrupted.
                            In that case, try going into Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers - RIGHT click on the Host Controller(s) to Remove them - if that doesn't also remove the Root Hub entry(ies) Remove them too.
                            Reboot. Windows should find them again.
                            If that doesn't help, or if you want to try something else, you need to re-load the mboard chipset drivers - the ones on the mboard CD are usually enough, or you can usually get those drivers on the mboard website for your model.
                            You could look in System Information
                            (Start - Run - type: msinfo32 - click OK)
                            (but Windows doesn't always show you problems)
                            Open up Hardware ..... on the left.
                            Choose Conflicts/Sharing
                            Are there any entries that start with red lettering?
                            Is anything sharing the IRQ for USB other than IRQ holder.....?
                            Look at Components - Problem Devices
                            Anything there? You could also look on the web site of the manufacturer of the extrenal hard drive assembly for t-shooting info.
                            ya Allah sab ko apney hifz-o-amaan main rakh

Comment

Originally posted by D@y W@lk3r View Post
                              There might be more than one entry in Add/Remove for the software for the USB drive. Whether or not that is the case, sometimes an un-install program does not remove all it should. e.g. it may have not have removed WDBtnMgr because it was still running at the time - you may have to close it before doing the un-install (e.g. by turning it off in Task Manager, or by RIGHT clicking on it's icon, choosing close, or similar) - at the end of uninstalling sometimes it says not everything was removed, and there is a Details button you can click on to see what that is about.
                              If your mboard has only 2 USB ports built into the mboard (it may also have a headeer for 2 more on the mboard that can be connected to a 2 port USB adapter plate) it probably is USB 1.x, not USB 2.0.
                              You can find out in Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers - if it has USB 2.0 it will either mention USB 2.0 or have listings for both USB and enhanced USB Host controllers, or similar.
                              USB 2.0 would also be mentioned in the mboard manual, and in specifucations for the mboard model on the MSI web sites.
                              If you don't have USB 2.0, the USB connected hard drive will probably still work, but it can't achieve the maximum speed the hard drive is capable of.
                              Windows does not have support for USB 2.0 built into it, but if you were to get a USB 2.0 card, some of them have Win software/drivers that enables USB 2.0 support (beware - some USB cards do not come with Win software/driver support).
                              Your USB connected hard drive can achieve it's full max speed if connected to USB 2.0.
                              " I haven't added any new hardware to my computer during that time."
                              Good. If you had, there might have been some resource conflict that prevented the USB drive from being detected, whether it shows up in Windows or not.
                              "Is there any software that can help test if there is a problem with my usb ports?"
                              Possibly, but I don't know offhand.
                              If you have something else such as a USB mouse or keyboard, you can try it in each USB port.
                              If that works, there's probably nothing wrong with the ports.
                              If that doesn't work, your USB driver support files could be corrupted.
                              In that case, try going into Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers - RIGHT click on the Host Controller(s) to Remove them - if that doesn't also remove the Root Hub entry(ies) Remove them too.
                              Reboot. Windows should find them again.
                              If that doesn't help, or if you want to try something else, you need to re-load the mboard chipset drivers - the ones on the mboard CD are usually enough, or you can usually get those drivers on the mboard website for your model.
                              You could look in System Information
                              (Start - Run - type: msinfo32 - click OK)
                              (but Windows doesn't always show you problems)
                              Open up Hardware ..... on the left.
                              Choose Conflicts/Sharing
                              Are there any entries that start with red lettering?
                              Is anything sharing the IRQ for USB other than IRQ holder.....?
                              Look at Components - Problem Devices
                              Anything there? You could also look on the web site of the manufacturer of the extrenal hard drive assembly for t-shooting info.
                              Day walker thanx a lot for so much guidence

i have checked my all settings

i found that in device manager, when i click properties of usb root hub by right click, then in power tab on 2nd number, found no power quantity for any usb root hub,

all 4 root hub has no power support.

is that any problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X