Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-commerce terms

VPN

A VPN refers to a network that is connected to the Internet, but uses encryption to scramble all the data sent through the Internet so the entire network is "virtually" private. For example, a large company that has offices in multiple locations may need to send data to the different locations via the Internet. To keep the information secure, the company might first set up a VPN with an encrypted connection. It's basically like having a secure Intranet over the Internet.
    Visit My Early PS Work
    You Are Welcome To Comment

Re: e-commerce terms

Utility programs, commonly referred to as just "utilities," are software programs that add functionality to your computer or help your computer perform better. These include antivirus, backup, disk repair, file management, security, and networking programs. Utilities can also be applications such as screensavers, font and icon tools, and desktop enhancements. Some utility programs help keep your computer free from unwanted software such as viruses or spyware, while others add functionality that allows you to customize your desktop and user interface. In general, programs that help make your computer better are considered utilities. And unlike water and electric bills, computer utilities don't send you a bill every month!
    Visit My Early PS Work

Comment

B2B is the use of computer applications communicating over networks to allow businesses to complete a transaction or part of a transaction. B2B describes the interaction of businesses. the total value of the B2B transactions is much larger than that of the
      Visit My Early PS Work

Comment

Virtual Private Network

Communications Network Services (CNS) offers Virtual Private Network (VPN) remote access as a bundled service.

To be eligible for the VPN service, you must be subscribed to either of these services. VPN provides you with an IP address as if you are on-campus, providing access to campus services that are restricted from off-campus. VPN also provides some encryption, and it can be used as an alternate means to log on to the campus Wireless LAN.

Those interested in beta-testing VPN developments may subscribe to vpn-test@listserv.vt.edu for discussion and reporting of development issues.
        Visit My Early PS Work

Comment

Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)

Before you can use the VPN service via PPTP, you must set up a password, otherwise known as a passphrase as your authentication credential for the VPN service

Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)

Using VPN via L2TP connection currently requires using your PID and password for authentication. In the future, you will be required to use a Remote Access ID and passphrase.
          Visit My Early PS Work

Comment

business process

A business process is a set of coordinated tasks and activities, conducted by both people and equipment, that will lead to accomplishing a specific organizational goal.
            Visit My Early PS Work

Comment

nice info

Comment

Working...
              X