Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Tips for Writing a Professional Résumé

1. Start with an attractive layout.
    Use bold and italics to highlight key points. I do not recommend downloadable templates because they are very generic and dull. Get creative but not crazy. You can use a little touch of color if you are modest.

2. Justify the text instead of using left align.3. Choose a common font.
    Start each sentence with a powerful verb. For example:

Organized annual student symposium by securing speakers and working closely with marketing department executives.

Implemented production bonus incentives and "best practices" matrix for all divisions, raising overall productivity by as much as 40 percent.

5. Write a proper cover letter for each position you apply to.
    You can use the grammar and spell check function, but don't rely on it.

7. When you have a degree, list only the year that you obtained your degree.
    To do this in Microsoft Word, highlight the link with your mouse, go to the "Insert" drop-down menu, scroll down to and click "Hyperlink", and on the lower left-hand side of this screen there should be a little button that says "Remove link." When you find it, give it a little click and voila! Alternatively, you can highlight the link with your mouse, right click on it, and scroll down to "remove link" to deactivate the link.

9. Be consistent!
    For example, don't list one date as 1/2004 and then list another date as 9/22/2004. List software consistently, too. MS Word and Microsoft Excel are both correct, but not consistent when used together.

10. Adhere to punctuation and capitalization rules.
    Use a reference manual if you do not understand standard punctuation and capitalization rules.
    Visit My Early PS Work
    You Are Welcome To Comment

Comment

thnx bro :rose
      Visit My Early PS Work
      You Are Welcome To Comment

Comment

Aania ji sorry i m replying late ...... I saw these tips couple a days befor .... after reading I applied on my CV .... So I found lots of changes in my CV ... now my CV is update :eye: .... really ur all effort always appreciated ..... thanks for sharging such useful tips with us .... be happy :rose
        u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Comment

Working...
        X