Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad Mahathir

Mahathir bin Mohamad
    (recorded as born on 20 December 1925) was the fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia. He held the post for 22 years from 1981 to 2003, making him Malaysia's longest-serving Prime Minister, and one of the longest-serving leaders in Asia.During his term in office, he was credited for engineering Malaysia's rapid modernizationand promoting non-individualistic "Asian values".Mahathir is also known for his criticisms of western and developed countries.

During his administration, he was considered as one of Asia's most influential leaders.Mahathir is also noted in the Western world as an outspoken critic of Western civilization.

Prime Minister

Mahathir became the Prime Minister of Malaysia on 16 July 1981 when Tun Hussein Onn stepped down due to health reasons. He was the nation's first Prime Minister that came from a modest social background, whereas the first three prime ministers were members of the royal or elite families.
    After 22 years in office, Mahathir retired on 31 October 2003, making him one of Asia's longest-serving political leaders. Upon his retirement on 31 October 2003, Mahathir was awarded a "Tun"-ship, Malaysia's highest civilian honour.

Major constitutional changes

In 1983 and 1991, he took on the federal and state monarchies, removing the royal veto and royal immunity from prosecution.Prior to this amendment of the law, royal assent was required in order for any bill to pass into law. With effect of this amendment, approval by parliament could be legally considered as royal assent after a period of 30 days, notwithstanding the views of the monarchs. However, this only applied to secular laws and the various sultans continued to enjoy the right to make Islamic law in their own jurisdictions.
    In 1988 when the future of the ruling party UMNO was about to be decided in the Supreme Court (it had just been deregistered as an illegal society in the High Court), he was believed to have engineered the dismissal of the Lord President of the Supreme Court, Salleh Abas, and three other supreme court justices who tried to block the misconduct hearings. The series of incidents in 1988 has been widely viewed as the end of the Malaysian judiciary's independence from the executive.

Economic policies

Educational system

Foreign relations

Retirement

In 2002 a tearfulMahathir announced his resignation to a surprised UMNO General Assembly. He was persuaded to stay on for a further eighteen months, in a carefully planned handover that ended in October 2003. On his retirement, he was granted Malaysia's highest honour, which entitles him to the title Tun from his original Datuk Seri.

source: wikipedia
    " Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals "

Re: Muhammad Mahathir

In Mahathir words:

On Muslims

Disunited, confused about Islam, fighting each other for power and lacking in essential knowledge and skills... Muslims today have reached the lowest point of their development.
    January 2003
    On America's war on terror
    If innocent people who died in the attack on Afghanistan and those who have been dying from lack of food and medical care in Iraq are considered collaterals, are the 3,000 who died in New York and the 200 in Bali also just collaterals whose deaths are necessary for operations to succeed?
    March 2003
    Their strategy to fight terrorism is through attacking Muslim countries and Muslims, whether they are guilty or not.
    June 2003
    They made a mistake in Iraq. Now in Iraq, instead of feeling happy and saying thanks to the liberators, they are killing the liberators.
    October 2003
    source: BBC

Comment

Woww gr8

Comment

My Fav. Personality..

Allah Pakistan Ko Bhi Aisa Hi Rehnuma Day.. Aameen

Thanks Xenja.
        Muflisi K DinoN Main Jo BichhaR Gaya Mujh Se
        Usay Talaash KarooNga Main Naukari Ki T^arah..

Comment

He is the ONE i like most......a very beautiful informative thread :phool:
          For New Designers
          وَ بَارِکْ لِيْ فِيْمَا أَعْطَيْتَ

Comment

good One

I Have Green Blood In My Veins Because I Am a Pakistani

Comment

Originally posted by kutkutariyaan View Post
              Woww gr8
              Originally posted by alwaysalone View Post
              My Fav. Personality..

Allah Pakistan Ko Bhi Aisa Hi Rehnuma Day.. Aameen

Thanks Xenja.
              Originally posted by *Rida* View Post
              He is the ONE i like most......a very beautiful informative thread :phool:
              Originally posted by Champion_Pakistani View Post
              good One
              :-)

Comment

zabardast

Comment

Working...
                X