One of my favourite quotes!.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my favourite quotes!.....

Imaam Shafaee said, "when the foolish one speaks, do not reply to him, for better than a response (to him) is silence, and if you speak to him you have aided him, and if you left him (with no reply) in extreme sadness he dies

(from the Noble Translation)
    Surah Al Hujarat (49)

10 The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion). So make reconciliation between your brothers, and fear Allah, that you may receive mercy.

11 O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former; nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former, nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one's brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: "O sinner", or "O wicked", etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zalimun (wrong-doers, etc.).

12 O you who believe! Avoid much suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting) . And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.

13 O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2)]. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.

during Ramadaan i heard from this one scholar (may Allah give him a long life) from india that when Loqmaan, the wise, was giving advice to his son, he told him 8 things among other things that he leard from the Prophets.

1. be watchful of your heart when you pray
    2. be watchful of your throat when you eat (lest anything haraam goes down ur throat)
    3 ........................... of your tongue when you talk
    4 ........................ of your eyes when you are at someone's house (lest your eyes fall on to non-mahrams)

remember two things excessively:
    5. Allaah
    6. death

forget two things (don't remember/remind them):
    7. when you do a favor to someone
    8. when you forgive someone
    u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Re: One of my favourite quotes!.....

Jazak ALLAH

very nice post thanx for sharing dear:rose

Comment

Jazak ALLAH

Comment

Assalaam o alekum,

:jazak: :thmbup: shukriya ek behtreen post humse share kernien kaa khush rahien
        :tang: RISK IS MY BUSINESS

DANGER IS MY GAME

DONT PLAY WITH ME
        BCOZ KHURRAM IS MY NAME :tang:

Kisi nien bhi to naa dekha nigaah bher ke Mujhe

Gaya phir aaj kaa din bhi udaas ker ke mujhe

Comment

:jazak: hala
          " Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals "

Comment

:jazak: :)

Comment

Buhat buhat sukaria from

Sheem............:rose
              KHL..................:rose
              khurram_shaikh..:rose
              barg.e.gul..........:rose
              Rabi.................:rose

Be Happy always:)
              u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Comment

Working...
              X