Music Is Haram In
    Islam

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Raheem
    As Salat us Slaam Alaa RasulAllah
    Am Ma Baad.......

Assalaam Alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
    Contents of this pageMusic forbidden in the Quran
    Music forbidden in Hadith
    Music forbidden by great Ullima (scholars)
    When and what type of Music is permissible?

From the Quran..... "And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'an) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-Fire).
    (The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:6) "And Istafiz [literally means: befool them gradually] those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and other call for Allah's disobedience)..."
    (The Noble Qur'an - Al-Isra 17:64 ) "The Day of Resurrection draws near, None besides Allah can avert it, (or advance it, or delay it). Do you then wonder at this recital (the Qur'an)? And you laugh at it and weep not, Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing, etc.). So fall you down in prostration to Allah, and worship Him (Alone)"
    (The Noble Qur'an - An-Najm 53:57-62)

From the Hadith.....Sahih Al-Bukhari Volume 7, Book 69, hadith #494v
    Narrated Abu 'Amir (raa) or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari (raa) that he heard the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks, and the use of musical instruments [ma'aazif] as lawful. And (from them), there will be some who will stay near the side of a mountain, and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and Allah will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." note: Here Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) has mentioned music with drinking of alcohol and fornication (zina) which are a MAJOR (Kabair) sin! Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 41, Hadith # 4909
    Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud(raa) : Salam ibn Miskin(raa), quoting an old man who witnessed AbuWa'il in a wedding feast, said: They began to play, amuse and sing. He united the support of his hand round his knees that were drawn up, and said: I heard Abdullah (ibn Mas'ud) say: I heard the apostle of Allah (SAW) say: Singing produces hypocrisy in the heart. Sahih Al-Bukhari and agreed upon by At-Tabari.
    Sa'id ibn Jubayr(raa) reported that Ibn 'Abbas(raa) said about the verse: "And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks" (31:6), that, "ldle talks means singing and the like." The Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said : "A people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name. Merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of female singers. Allah (SWT) will cleave the earth under them and turn others into apes and swine." (Narration of Ibn Maajah ) note : This hadeeth has also been narrated by al-Bayhaaqi and ibn Asaakir, and has been authenticated by the renowned scholar of hadeeth Ibn al-Qayyim. The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said : "Verily Allah prohibited wine, gambling and al-koobah; and every intoxicant is prohibited." Sufyan said :" I asked the narrator, Ali bin Badheemah, ' What is al-Koobah?' He answered, 'It is the drum'." (An authentic hadith narrated by Imaam Ahmed bin Hanbal ) That the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said : "Verily I did not prohibit weeping [per se], but rather I forbade two voices [sowtayn] which are imbecilic [ahmaq] and sinfully shameless [faajir]: one a voice [singing] to the accompaniment of musical amusement [lahw] and Satan's [wind] instruments; the other, a voice [wailing] due to some calamity, accompanied by striking of the face and tearing of garments. But this [weeping off mine] stems from compassion, and whosoever does not show compassion will not receive it." (The narration of Haakim and Others) note : This hadeeth is graded Hasan, and has been strengthened by other narrations. Anas bin Maalik (radi Allaahu anhu) related from the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that "two cursed sounds are that of the [wind] instrument [mizmaar] played on the occasion of joy and grace, and woeful wailing upon the occurrence of adversity." (Narration of Abu Bakr ash-Shaafi'ee)

The opinions of the great scholars about music...Ijma'a of the 4 imams:
    Music that takes one away from the remembrance of Allah (swt) and music that has other instruments other than the duff is strictly forbidden. At-Tabari (RH) and Imam Malik (RH)
    Hold the view that all music is unlawful. And should be abstained from. Imaam Shafiee (RH) and Imaam Abu Hanifah (RH)
    Held the view that most music is makruh. Some music is lawful (the one with only duff and under certain circumstances) and the music that takes away from the remembrance of Allah (swt) is forbidden. Maulana Fazlul Karim
    states his own opinion being that "songs are in themselves lawful but they become Harram, makruh and mustahab according to times, circumstances, places, motives and kinds of songs. for example if it has other instruments then the duff and if it talks about subjects that are other than those which benefit the deen then they are unlawful. All these opinions are quoted in the tafseer of the book "mishkat-ul-Masabih" by Maulana Fazlul Karim section regarding Music, vol 2 page #198. The aayaat of the Qur`aan and the Ahaadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) indicate that musical instruments are condemned, and warn us against them. The Qur`aan teaches that playing these instruments is one of the things that leads people astray and constitutes mockery of the Signs of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): Al-Tabari (RH) Mujaahid (RH) Al-Tabari (RH) reported that al-Hasan al-Basri (RAA) Ibn al-Qayyim (RH) said in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan (1/252): Al-Nawawi said Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (RH) said in al-Fath (10/55): Al-Qurtubi reported from al-Jawhari Ibn al-Qayyim said in Ighaathat al-Lahfaan (1/256) " We may understand from the hadeeth that all kinds of musical instruments are forbidden. This is clear from the hadeeth for a number of reasons: Shaykh al-Islaam said in al-Fataawa (11/569): For more information, see:

When and which kind of music is halal.Sahih Al-Bukhari (Volume 5, Book 59, hadith# 336)
    Narrated Ar-Rubai bint Muauwidh(raa) "The Prophet came to me after consuming his marriage with me and sat down on my bed as you (the sub-narrator) are sitting now, and small girls were beating the duff and singing in lamentation of my father who had been killed on the day of the battle of Badr. Then one of the girls said, "There is a Prophet amongst us who knows what will happen tomorrow." The Prophet said (to her)," Do not say this, but go on saying what you have spoken before." Note: This authentic hadith illustrates that it is halal to use only the duff. Which is a one sided drum made of animal skin and Rasulullah (saw) has permitted this for weddings and the eidayn (the two eids). Also, Rasulullah (saw) has permitted war-songs during jihad (without musical instruments except the duff). Music with other instruments and lyrics that take away from the remembrance of Allah (swt) are strictly forbidden. Note from the author: My dear and respect brothers and sisters in Islam. we should make our lives totally and fully subservient to the orders of Allah (swt), we should not pick and chose which order of Allah (swt) we want to follow and which one we don't. we have seen according to the ayahs of Quran and authentic hadith of Rasulullah (swt) that music is not lawful in islam so we should through away any music tapes or CD's that we may have and replace them with Quran and islamic lectures. So that we use our times wisely and we should not fool ourselves by thinking groups that mention the name of Allah (e.i. Wu Tang) or Kawallies are halal since they use miscall instruments we should recognize that they are harram and should stay away from them.
    And Allah (swt) knows best.

Re: Music Is Haram In Islam

Aslamo alukom, payary bhai ,:rose sab se pehly ham aap ko pgham k islam section main khush amdeed kehty hain .hameen ummed hy k aap se ham aur ham se aap yahan zaroor mutafeed hongy .aap ny bohat mehnat ki is mazmoon par ALLAH ap ko is ka ajr ata farmay laikin kaya hi behtar hota k aap isy urdu main likhty ya kam az kam roman urdu mian tak mery jaysa kam ilam bhi is se koi faida uthata.aur wesy bhi hamary pegham ka bunyadi maqsad hi urdu ki tarweej o ishat hy is liye bhi aap se guzarish hy k koshish kia kareen k apni tamam posting urdu main kia kareen ...w/salaam aabi:rose
    ساقیا ہور پلا ہور پلا ہور پلا

Comment

Re: Music Is Haram In Islam

asslam o alykom
      jzak ALLAH
      ALLAH aap ko jza e khair ata frmayay aur issay sadqa e jariya bana day aameen.
      w slam
      mugheera

Comment

Working...
      X