• Show
Clear All

• Pakistan Timeline

Pakistan Timeline

Jun 30, 1957
    Jul 26, 1957
    Maulana Bhashani forms National Awami Party
    Oct 12, 1957
    Hussain Shaheed Suharwardy loses support of Rupublican Party and resigns. I. I. Chundrigar becomes the new Prime Minister.
    Dec 1957
    I. I. Chundrigar resigns and Malik Feroz Khan Noon becomes the new Prime Minister
    Jun 18, 1958
    Aug 26, 1958
    Sep 21, 1958
    During an assembly session in East Pakistan, members get agitated on the partiality of the Speaker, a few members get seriously injured while the Deputy Speaker, Shahid Ali Jan gets killed.
    Oct 7, 1958
    Sikander Mirza the President of Pakistan, with the support of General Ayub Khan, dissolves the assemblies, suspends the Constitution, and imposes Martial Law in the Country.
    Oct 27, 1958
    Oct 26, 1959
    Feb 15, 1960
    Apr 1960
    Lieutenant General Azam Khan is appointed as the Governor of East Pakistan. He works hard to gain support of the Bengali people but in the process loses support of Ayub Khan and has to resign
    Jun 8, 1962
    General Ayub Khan imposes a new Constitution in the country, introducing a Presidential form of government, with BD System being the basis of presidential election. The constitution fails to gain popular support of the people.
    Oct 26, 1962
    May 29, 1963
    A Bengali member of parliament delivers an aggressive speech in the National Assembly, intensely representing the sentiments of the Bengali people, highlighting the divide, exploitation and prejudice against Bengalis by West Pakistan.
    Jan 6, 1964
    Sep 6, 1965
    War breaks out between India and Pakistan over the dispute of Jammu and Kashmir.
    Jan 11, 1966
    General Ayub Khan sings the Tashkent Declaration. The Declaration includes agreement of both sides to withdraw from occupied land. The agreement is generally perceived in Pakistan as a defeat on talks table.
    Feb 6, 1966
    Apr 26, 1967
    Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, the Foreign Minister of Pakistan resigns.
    Nov 30, 1967
    Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto founds the Pakistan Peoples Party.
    sigpic
Working...
X