Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme court of pakistan

Brief History

The Supreme Court of Pakistan was established on 2nd March 1956 under the newly enacted Constitution (I956) of Pakistan. This Court indeed succeeded the Federal Court of Pakistan, established in 1949. The Federal Court of Pakistan, again, was successor to the Federal Court of India, established in 1937, under the Government of India Act 1935.The Federal Court of Pakistan was housed initially in the Sindh Chief Court building at Karachi on 19th July 1949, it was shifted, to Lahore and housed in the Lahore High Court building. The newly enacted Constitution (1956) of Pakistan renamed the Federal Court as the Supreme Court, and provided that the Court shall sit in Karachi or such other places as the Chief Justice (i.e. of Pakistan, with the approval of the President, may determine. The principal seat. of the Court, thus continued to be at Lahore. The 1962 Constitution provided for the principal seat of the Court to be transferred to Islamabad with provision to sit in other places as well. Not with standing the Constitutional provisions for shifting the Court to Islamabad due to non-availability of appropriate accommodation, the Court retained Lahore as its principal seat. The 1973 Constitution reiterated the earlier provision of shifting the Court to Islamabad. Thus, in 1974, the Supreme Court shifted to Rawalpindi, and was housed in an improvised building called East Pakistan House. Non-availability of funds prevented the construction of Supreme Court building in Islamabad. it was only in 1989 when funds were allocated for the purpose and thereafter construction, of the building started in October 1990. The building was to be constructed in phases. Phase I was completed on 31st December 1993, on which date the Court shifted to its new premises in Islamabad.
    ab aur gerdish-e- taqdeer kiya sitaye ge lota ke ishq mai naam o nishaan bethain hei

sigpic

Re: Supreme court of pakistan

Nice sharing Zoniash
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X