Sayings of Imam Ali (A.S.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sayings of Imam Ali (A.S.)

There are many educated people who have ruined their future on account of their ignorance of religion. Their knowledge did not prove of any avail to them.

That knowledge which remains only on your tongue is very superficial. The intrinsic value of knowledge is that you act upon it.

An Angel announces daily: "Birth of more human beings means so many more will die, collection of more wealth means of much more will be destroyed, erection of more buildings means so many more ruins will come.

If you understand Allah's Majesty, then you will not attach any importance to the creatures.

Jealousy in woman is unpardonable but in man it is a sign of his faith in religion (because Islam has permitted polygamy and prohibited polyandry).

Two kinds of people will be damned on my account Those who form exaggerated opinion about me and those who under-estimate me because
    they hate me.

Anyone who loves us Ahlul Bayt must be ready to face a life of austerity.

A Divine rule can be established only by a man, who, where justice and equity are required, neither feels deficient nor weak and who is not greedy and avaricious.

One who imagines himself to be all-knowing will surely suffer on account of his ignorance.

I wonder at a man who loses hope of salvation when the door of repentance is open for him.

Value of each man depends upon the art and skill which he has attained.

Every breath you take is a step towards death.

Taken from:
    Peak of Eloquence
    Nahjul Balagha
    Last edited by Max_; 31 December 2009, 18:01.

Re: Sayings of Imam Ali (A.S.)

:jazak: rose:
    u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Comment

:jazak:
      For New Designers
      وَ بَارِکْ لِيْ فِيْمَا أَعْطَيْتَ

Comment

Comment