Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic short stori3s

Aslamoalikum wr wb.

Hop3 u all ar3 doing good.Im h3r3 with a n3w thr3ad.In ths thr3ad u hav3 to shar3 islamic short stori3s.Stori3s that hav3 a good moral and l3sson.
    Your participation giv3s us th3 motivation to carry a thr3ad with 3nthusiasm.:)
    Last edited by *khushi*; 27 December 2009, 07:44.

Re: Islamic short stori3s
    Pray3r of a sick p3rson

Imam Baihaqi has stated on the authority of Hadhrat Ali (ra) who stated: "Once, I was present with the Prophet (peace be upon him). At that time, I had fallen so much sick that I prayed to Allah Almighty to grant me death if I am destined to die so that I may get relief from the sickness, otherwise, I may be restored to normal health from the sickness if I have to live for sometime. I, also, prayed for being granted patience if this sickness is a test for me from Allah Almighty."
    Hearing that, the Prophet beat Ali with his foot and observed: "Oh Ali! repeat what you were saying." Ali (ra) repeated his prayer.
    Then the Prophet prayed to Allah Almighty: "O Allah! Heal him from the sickness." Ali (ra) stated that he became healthy the same day and the pain never appeared again.

Source: From the book "The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad" by Shaikh Ahmed Saeed Dehalvi.

Comment

walikuam-o-salam

it is a great effort................very very nice work khushi.......A great thread

be happy Allah bless you
      I aM Not a complete Idiot......Some parts are Missing........

Comment

Walaikum Assalaam Khushi

A very good thread and I must say that this will help us increasing our knowledge towards ISLAM and will give a great boost to our moral and social values.

Wonderful sharing, prayers can change the destiny, therefore, keep praying, and praising ALLAH SWT.

May ALLAH SWT light and guide our ways AMEEN

Fi Amaan ALLAH
        sigpic

Comment

Fear of Allah

One day, Malik bin Dinar (rahimaullah) was passing by a place when he noticed a young man wearing old clothes and crying by the roadside. His name was Uthbah. Sweat was dripping down his body even though the temperature was very cold at that time. Malik bin Dinar became very surprised at this scene and asked Uthbah, "Oh young man, why are you crying? And why are you sweating during this cold temperature?"

Uthbah replied, "Once, I committed a sin at this place. Today, as I was passing by this place, I remembered that sin."

Source: Obtained from the book "Tambihul Ghafileen" by Shaikh Abul Laith Samarkandi.

Look how pious were the early Muslims. Today, we are committing thousands of sins, yet, we are walking around with happiness and joy as if we have nothing to worry about.

Comment

W.Salam
            :jazak:
            very nice starting lil khushi.. it realy help us our knowledge..
            u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Comment

Charity

Effects of CharityOne famous scholar, Sheikh Muhammed Hadi Al Amini relates that his father while acquiring knowledge in Najaf, Iraq, went to his home town Tabriz. While he was in his home town, he used to visit his relatives and friends.
              Sheikh Amini's father didn't see an old acquaintance of his who was a poor and needy man. When he didn't see this friend, he asked about him and was told by people, that the man he was asking about was a rich man and no longer poor. Sheikh Amini's father decided to pay a visit to his friend.
              While conversing with his friend he asked his friend the reason for the change in his economic position. The man replied that he had been very poor to the extent that he was forced to sell some properties that belonged to him, like furniture etc. By selling these things he had collected some money enough to start a business with.
              As he was on his way back to his house with the capital, he saw a poor lady crying. The man asked the lady the reason for crying, and she explained that she was a widow with orphans who were hungry. The man felt pity on her, and on seeing that she needed the money more than himself he gave the whole amount of money to her. He returned home and spent the night depressed and worried for his family.
              The next morning, surprisingly he was summoned to the house of a rich man. When he went to the rich man he was told by the rich man that he had six thousand bags of rice which he feared were on the verge of expiring. The rich man suggested to him to buy the rice at a low price on loan from him. The poor man did so and sold the rice bags quickly. He took some more and in this way was able to make much profit. Soon he became rich and well to do.
              Indeed Noble Qur'an says that: "Who is it that will offer of Allah a goodly gift, so He will multiply it to him manifold, and Allah straitens and amplifies, and you shall be returned to Him." (2:245)

Comment

Walaikum Salaaam

*khushi*, your contribution towards Pegham will always be respectable:salam:

Carry on with you useful stuff :thmbup:

Be Happy :rose

Comment

Walaikum Salaam WR WB

Reputated work.............Khushi :rose
                  Last edited by ForumAdmin; 29 December 2009, 19:57.
                  Love your Forum, Build Your Forum (PEGHAM)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Khan View Post
                    Walaikum Salaaam

*khushi*, your contribution towards Pegham will always be respectable:salam:
                    Th3s3 words m3an alot to m3.:salam:

Comment

Worship

Angel Jibrail (as) told Rasulullah (peace be upon him) the follwing incident about a man in the past who worshipped Allah Ta'ala continuously for 500 years. He was granted a shelter on top of a mountain that was surrounded by salty water. However, Allah caused a stream of sweet water to flow through the mountain for that individual. The man would drink from this water and use it to make ablution. Allah Ta'ala also raised a pomegranate tree from which the man would eat one fruit every day.

One day, this person supplicated to Allah that, "Oh Allah, bring my death while I am in the state of prostration." Allah accepted this dua of his. Whenever Jibrail (as) came down to the Earth, he found this man prostrating to Allah. Jibrail (as) said that on the day of Judgement, Allah will tell the angels to take this individual to Paradise through His mercy. However, this man will insist that he should enter paradise through the good deeds that he had performed.
                      Then, Allah will tell the angels to compare his good deeds with the blessings that were given to him in the world. It will be seen that 500 years of his worship does not even equal to the gift of eye sight that was given to him by Allah. The angels will be asked to take him towards the hell fire. Then the man will plead, "Oh Allah! Enter me into Paradise only through Your mercy." At that point, the following discussion will take place between Allah and that man.
                      Allah: Oh my servant, who created you?
                      The worshipper: Oh Allah, You have created me.
                      Allah: Were you created because of the good deeds you have done or because of My mercy?
                      The worshipper: Because of Your mercy.
                      Allah: Who granted you the ability to worship for 500 years?
                      The worshipper: Oh the Almighty! You have granted me that ability.
                      Allah: Who placed you on the mountain surrounded by the ocean? Who caused a stream of sweet water to flow in between the salty water? Who caused a pomegranate tree to grow for you? Who granted you death while in the state of prostration?
                      The worshipper: Oh the Sustainer of the Worlds! You have done all of these.
                      Then Allah will say, "All these have happened due to My mercy and you too will enter Paradise only through My Mercy."

Source: Obtained from the book "Tambihul Ghafileen" by Shaikh Abul Laith Samarkandi.

We can never thank Allah for the blessings that He has given us. Let us use these blessings to recognize Allah before our death.

Comment

Impati3nc3

Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) was jailed under the orders of the Aziz of Egypt. When his companion in the jail was being released Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) requested him to recommend his matter to the Aziz so that he too be released. At this angel Gabriel / Jibreel (pbuh) appeared in the jail and made him look at the floor of the jail. When Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) did so he could see the bottoms of the earth and sea.

Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) also saw in the bottom of the earth an Ant with a particle of grain in its mouth. Angel Gabriel / Jibreel (pbuh) said, "Do you think that your Allah (SWT) who does not forget even this Ant at the bottom of the earth and feeds it, would let you go out of His mind?"

"Now for this impatience of yours you are ordered to remain in jail for seven more years."

Comment

Valu3 of on3 tumbl3r of wat3r

Click image for larger version

Name:	ya_rahman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	2414209

One day Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) was passing through a barren hill. He noticed a pious person busy in prayer sitting in a cave of the hill. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) felt the urge to meet and talk to the pious person. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) went near and greeted him. The pious person asked disinterestedly, "Who are you?" Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "I am Musa!"

The pious person asked, "Are you the Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh)?"
                          Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "Yes!"
                          The pious person said, "Then ask Allah (SWT) to Grant my wish!"
                          Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) asked, "What is it that you want?"
                          The pious person said, "Since the last one hundred years I am sitting here praying to Allah (SWT). I don't do anything other than the Prayer. Ask Allah (SWT), what He will give me for my efforts?"
                          Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "I shall find about it immediately." He immediately climbed up the hill and called aloud, "O Sustainer Allah! This person wants to know about the reward for his prayers! Tell me, what shall I inform him?"

He heard the sound, "O Musa! Tell him, we shall inform him about his reward tomorrow."
                          Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) went to the pious person and conveyed the message to him.

The pious person said, "Its fine! Tomorrow is not much of a time!" The pious person was in the habit of going to a nearby canal early every morning for bathing and fetching some water for his use. Therefore, the next morning too he started for the canal but he lost his way and reached somewhere else. Because of the sun's heat he became very thirsty and tired. He sat on a lonely boulder and started thinking about his death. At that time he found another person coming from the other direction. He waved to the person to come to him. When the person came nigh, he asked him to help him with some water.
                          The visiting person said, "Where is any water in this wilderness? Whatever little I have is only for me."
                          The pious person started crying. The other person said, "Fine! What will you give me if I give you a tumbler of water?"
                          The pious person said, "I don't have anything. I have been busy in the cave praying for the last one hundred years."
                          The other person said, "If you agree to transfer to me the Rewards for your prayers of one hundred years, I shall give you a tumbler of water."
                          The pious person thought, if he lived, he could pray for a further period to get the Reward from Allah (SWT). He said, "I am ready to transfer to you my reward for the hundred years' of my prayers.
                          The other person gave him a tumbler full of water and the pious person returned to his cave.
                          In the morning Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) got a Revelation that the pious person transferred his hundred years' prayers to another person in exchange for a tumbler of water. Ask the man to settle the value of the tumblers of water that he had been drinking during the last hundred years!
                          Therefore, Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) went to the cave and told to the person that he had a message for him from Allah (SWT).
                          The pious person said, "O Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh)! I have already sold my hundred years of penance!"
                          Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "Yes! I know. But Allah (SWT) has said that when the value of one hundred years of prayer is one tumbler of water, then he must settle the value of the water he had been drinking over the last hundred years."
                          When the pious person heard this, he was shocked and shouted, "O Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh)! Recommend to Allah (SWT) to forgive my sins! Allah (SWT) is Beneficent and Merciful!"
                          Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) got the Revelation, "tell the pious person! Your penitence of this moment pleased us more than your prayers of a hundred years and we have given to you rewards for a thousand years of prayers!"
                          Imam Ali (as) says: "The sin that makes you sad and repentant is more liked by Allah (SWT) than the good deed which turns you arrogant."
                          Last edited by *khushi*; 31 December 2009, 10:25.

Comment

N3ighbour

Sayyed Jawad Ameli, a great Mujtahid, was having his dinner when someone knocked at his door. A servant from his master, Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom, appeared and said: "Your master has sent for you to come immediately. He has just sat down for his dinner but refuses to eat until he sees you."
                            There was no time to lose. Sayyed Jawad Ameli left his dinner and rushed to Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom's residence. Just as he entered, the master looked disapprovingly at him and said: "Sayyed Jawad! You have no fear of Allah! Don't you feel ashamed in front of Allah?"

This came as a shock to him, as he could not remember doing anything to incur the wrath of his master. Sayyed Jawad Ameli said: "My master may guide me where I have failed."
                            Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom replied: "It is now a week that your neighbor and his family are without wheat and rice. He was trying to buy some dates from a shop on credit but the shopkeeper refused to grant him any more credit. He returned home empty-handed and the family is without a morsel of food."
                            Sayyed Jawad Ameli was taken by surprise. "By Allah", he said, "I have no knowledge about this."
                            That is why I am displeased all the more.
                            How can you be unaware of your own neighbor? Seven days of difficulties have passed and you tell me you do not know about it. Well, If you had known and ignored him despite your knowledge, then you would not even he a Muslim," Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom adjoined.
                            Then he instructed him to take all the dishes of food before him to his neighbor. "Sit with him to eat, so that he does not feel ashamed. And take this sum for his future ration. Place it under his pillow or carpet so that he is not humiliated, and inform me when this work is completed, for not until then shall I eat."
                            The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "There are Three categories of neighbours. First: one who has Three rights upon you. This is the one who is a Muslim neighbour and also a relative. Second: One who has two rights. A Muslim neighbour and third: The Kafir neighbour who has only the rights of a neighbour."

Comment

:jazak:khair :rose

Much Much appreciated, plz keep them coming. bless you! :rose
                              " Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals "

Comment

Working...
                              X