Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"The Last drop of tear" ........................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Last drop of tear" ........................

dont know this story has been shared before or not.... if not then read it. :)
    "The Last drop of tear"

He stood at the edge of the tallest building in the city, staring at the orange sun, which was setting in the back drop.The sky was orange-red in color.He flung his educational certificates one by one into the air.They floated down like the leaves of some huge tree in the autumn.His eyes were filled with sadness and pain.He too wished that he could jump down that building.But he didn't have the courage to end his life in that way.

Raghu was the only person in his village, who had done post graduation.His father, a farmer, had pledged his land for his only son's education, hoping that his future would be bright.Raghu had left the village some time back, with many dreams in his youthful eyes.

"Well,You've scored good marks," said the HR-Manager, of a company, looking at the certificates,"But unfortunately,these good marks alone don't get you the job.We need experienced guys, you see."

"But, Sir, How do you expect us to get experience unless people like you provide us with opportunities?" He asked.

"Are you trying to be smart?" He asked, annoyed at his question.

"No, Sir.Please provide me with an opportunity....I'll try my best...please.." He pleaded.

"Get lost!" He cried, throwing his file of certificates at him.

Wherever he went, he faced with only rejection.The money he had got was running short day by day.In the evenings, he used to sit and relax on the rocks near the sea-shore, staring at the blue sea and sky before him.He too was trying to go forward in his life, like the waves of the sea.But he felt he was pushed back like the receding waves.

He took up the job of a daily laborer at a construction site. He toiled hard from morning till evening.He did the work of loading and unloading crates from the trucks in the nights.He had to pay his room rent and also send some money to his home.So that his father could pay some interest for the loans taken long time back.They had disconnected the power in his room, as he had not cleared the electric bills for the last few months.He managed with candles.Anyway , he was used to the darkness.

"Somu, your son is bright.I am sure that he will have a bright future when he grows up." His school head-master had told his father once.

"Yes,Sir." His father replied."With your blessings."

"Let him study as much as he wants to.That is the only asset you can give him." He said.

"Sure,Sir." He said.

Raghu laughed at himself remembering that incident.He entered his room, bolted it from inside.He liked the darkness of his room, which seemed to over flow into his life too.He opened the cap of the bottle and drank the liquid from it.He threw the bottle down with force.It broke to many pieces as it touched the floor.Only the label remained; with the word 'Poison' printed on it.Now, his suffering was going to end.He had posted a letter to his parents seeking their forgiveness, this morning.

"Let me have some brightness for the last time, before I close my eyes forever." He said, lighting the candle with a match stick.He saw an envelope near the door of his room.Who could have written to him? he thought.

He started walking towards it.But it seemed to take him countless ages to reach it.He felt as though someone was holding him back with force.With one supreme effort, he leaped forward landing on the floor with a thud.The poison had started working inside him.

Finally, his trembling fingers reached for the envelope on the floor and with great difficulty he tore open the envelope, pulled out the letter and unfolded it.

He couldn't believe what his eyes saw.It was an appointment letter from a reputed Company.

He had a tear of joy in his eye.

"I've got a job! I've got a job!" He cried, overjoyed, but his voice was chocked."I want to live....I want to live....I....want...to...live...."

The last drop of the tear from his eye fell down and landed on the letter, which he was firmly holding with his hand.

The wind rushed in through the open window, blowing off the candle on the study table.The darkness took over once again.

u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Re: "The Last drop of tear" ........................

nice one

I Have Green Blood In My Veins Because I Am a Pakistani

Comment

Thank you Hala, for sharing such a wonderful story, it is giving us the true message of never loosing a hope, this world is for those who keep on struggling until they achieve their ambitions and goals. the coward and weak people like this Raghu was have to die with loosing hopes. Success come to those who struggle for until until the last drop of their blood, not for those who shed last drop of their tears!!! We should certainly learn from this post of your that KEEP TRYING the success will KISS your feet or else if you loose HOPE and stop struggling your inviting that LAST DROP OF TEAR which will take your LIFE away.

Thanks once again, keep sharing your good posts with us, khush rahyeh :)
      sigpic

Comment

very very nice sharing Halo
        I aM Not a complete Idiot......Some parts are Missing........

Comment

thankz all
          u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Comment

Working...
          X