Is haftay ka qalamkaar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is haftay ka qalamkaar

Nasri Adab ke shaiqeen ke liay aik silsila shuru kar rahi hoon.Har haftay aik qalamkaar ki tahreeron ko yahan shamil kar ke unke fun ko khiraj-e-tahseen paish karain.
    Is haftay ka qalamkaar hai Mushtaq Ahmed Yousafi.
    ousafi ki shagufta tahreer pegham ke ilmi khazeenay mein yaqeenan aik acha azafa hongi.Guzarish hai ke hafta 1st May tak apni kawishen yahan pesh kar ke shukriya ka mouqa dein.
    Mind Sciences

Re: Is haftay ka qalamkaar

Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi is one of the most famous humorist and a humanist from Pakistan. The subtlety of his satire laced with an unlaboured and chaste Urdu idiom is his speciality that distinguishes him from others in the field.

A couple of months ago, he was in New York. He was invited as the keynote speaker in an event organized by Aligarh Alumni, USA. Since I have been an avid reader of his books therefore I always had this image of him in my mind that he must be a very talkative and witty person. Somebody, who could never be forced to keep quite. But when I met him that evening , my first impression of him was of extreme modesty. He came across as a very sober person to me. When he started his talk, there were a number of moments where his humor did its usual cut and the audience were split into smiles and laughter. I observed that whenever his humor got closer to crossing the thin line of vulgarity, Yousufi saheb masterfully dusguised it with his choice of literary words such that the meaning stayed intact but created huge giggles among the audience.

What do others have to say about him?Profile:

Born in Tonk State in Rajhastan in 1923.

Son of Abdul Karim Khan Yousufi, chairman of the Jaipur Municipality, and later Speaker of the Jaipur Legislative Assembly.

Education:

Intermediate, Rajputana and Central India Board of Education;

B.A., Agra University;

M.A. in Philosophy, Muslim University, Aligarh. LLB, Aligarh.

Banking career:

Joined Muslim Commercial Bank in 1950, became Deputy General Manager.

Joined Allied Bank Ltd in 1965 as Managing Director.

In 1974 he became President of United Bank Ltd.

In 1977 became Chairman of the Pakistan Banking Council.

Awarded Quaid-i-Azam Memorial Medal for distinguished services in banking.

His Books:A few lines from this book:On His Personal Life:

Yousufi Sahib does not like to talk about his personal life. At best he would share his bio-data with you! In an interview given in 1995 (published in the book Mushtaq Ahmed Yousufi - Charagh talay se Aab-i-gum tak by Tariq Habeeb) he says:

If an author has to say something he should say it in his writings. If he cannot do that, then he is useless and not fit for an interview! How can you judge my writings by knowing what I wore on Eid and what are my favourite dishes?

Let me quote some lines at random from this book.

On his indifferent health:On gender bias in Urdu poetry:On changing values:Biography:[/CENTER]
    u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

:pr:

Comment

Hala je is qadar maloomat afza article pe mairi taraf se shukriya qubool karain.
      Mind Sciences

Comment

Attached Files
        u can't gain RESPECT by choice nor by requesting it... it is earned through your words & actions."

Comment

مرحوم خصوصی

برصغیر کے بعض پسماندہ علاقوں میں اب تک یہ دستور چلا آرہا ہے کہ برادری کی تمام بوڑھیاں کسی کے ہاں غمی میں شریک ہوتی ہیں تو لمبا سے گھونگھٹ کاڑھ کے بیٹھ جاتی ہیں اور اپنے اپنے پیاروں کے نام لے کر بین کرتی دھاڑتی ہیں۔سب اپنے اپنے مردوں کی خوبیاں بیان کرکے خشک آنسوؤں سے روتی ہیں۔اگر کوئی ناواقف حال پہنچ جائے تو وہ ایک گھنٹے بین سن کر بھی یہ فیصلہ نہیں کر سکتا کہ اس مجلس ِآہ و بکاہ میں دو ڈھائی سو مردوں میں*آج کا مرحومِ خصوصی کون ہے۔

(مشتاق احمد یوسفی کی تحریر سے اقتباس)

Comment

خرگزشت
            (مشتاق احمد یوسفی)

Last edited by zapk; 2 May 2010, 14:43.
            Mind Sciences

Comment

bout khoobsurat qalmkar
              thanks for sharing

Comment