X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 things you need to know about oily skin

5 things you need to manage oily skin
    By: Hadeer Hameed
    I have oily skin and I know how annoying it can be specially in the summer. Oily skin is kind of a high maintenance but here I have 5 tricks that will take care of your oily glands and make your face happier.
    1. Salicylic Acid:
    Always use a cleansing wash with salicylic acid in it, they are made for oily skin. What it does is that it cleans your skin from any extra oils or dirt, beating any black or white heads.
    2.Toner:
    After you finish washing your face, you need to seal the deal with a toner. The best toner there is rose water, it doesn't have any chemicals and it's totally natural. Oily skin tends to have larger pores and they look horrible, the toner helps in tightening your pores.
    3. Moisturizer:
    Forget the myth that says "only dry skin needs moisturizer". After you remove any excess oils with your wash and tightening your pores with the toner, you need to bring back some moisture to your face. Use a water based hydrating moisturizer to keep the balance and soften your skin.
    4. Scrub
    Us oily girls need to scrub 2 to 3 times a week, so we can get rid of any oils or skin pile up. Use natural masks to scrub your face or try to avoid products with too much chemicals.
    5. Primer
    If you love applying makeup, make sure to use a primer before your foundation and powder. A primer will act as a layer to protect your skin from all that makeup and will give you a matte look to keep your makeup looking perfect for a long time
    source--msn
Working...
X