• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim doctor finds alcohol in Coca Cola bottle

Muslim doctor finds alcohol in Coca Cola bottle
    7/14/2005 600 AM GMT

Source: IOL

A Muslim doctor found traces of alcohol - forbidden by the Islamic religion - in a bottle of Coca Cola.

This sparked a big campaign by Coca-Cola to defend its product, which it claims was contaminated after a chip in the glass bottle let air in.

Last month, Dr. Haroon Dindar, 58, of Mpumalanga purchased a crate of 1.25-litre bottles of Coke, he says.

"We buy our Coca-Cola directly from the Coke depot at Ermelo. So that means that it does not go through shops or anyone else," said Dindar.

And on a hot Sunday afternoon, the doctor invited his daughters to his home for a family braai.

"I took out two bottles from the refrigerator and put them on the table on the veranda. One of my daughters opened a bottle and its contents began to bubble out," he said.

"Not realizing that something was wrong, she poured some out into three tumblers."

When the 19-year-old girl took a sip of the drink, Dindar said, she told him it had an unusual taste. And when he smelt the contents of the tumbler, he realized it was alcohol.

Mr. Dindar decided to take the contents of the bottle to a laboratory for testing. The test confirmed that the Coke had 0.924g of alcohol per 100ml.

Then immediately Dindar contacted the plant and informed the manager of what happened.

Later on, Coca-Cola Company embarked on a huge campaign to defend its product, saying it is alcohol free, although the testing of the product proved the opposite. It placed a full-page ad in Wednesday's Cape Argus trying to defend the product against the scandal.

In its ad, the company said that its laboratory tests have found alcohol in Dindar's cooldrink. A Coca-Cola spokesperson claims that a chip in the glass bottle had allowed air into the bottle leading to fermentation of the product. The company described this as "a rare occurrence" and said no other incidents had been reported.

The manager told Mr. Dindar that traces of yeast were found in the bottle, and being mixed with the sugar content of the drink, it created an alcoholic beverage.

"I had four crates of Coke at home but I have given them away. I will never drink Coke again," he said.

For More Info Please visit thee links:

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/beware/PepsiCocaCola.htm

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/news_service/world_full_story.asp?service_id=1643
    YOUR SIGNATURE HAS BEEN DELETED BY THE ADMIN.

Re: Muslim doctor finds alcohol in Coca Cola bottle

oo my god :o

Comment

sigpic

Comment

very bad

Comment

Good

Comment