Comment

Re: Pak Vs Sri --- 3rd Test (Sharjah)

Target 255 runs in 55 overs

Comment

PAK 87/4 2nd INNINGS

Comment

The 3rd Test match ends in a draw and Pakistan take the series 1-0

Comment

Pakistan win a test series against a team higher than them in the ICC rankings for the first time since beating England in 2005.
                  Positive vibes from the Pakistan camp though. They now look to have a settled batting line-up, something the team can take heart from. The bowling continues to revel. While thier immediete neighbours struggle for a couple of quality pacers, they seem to have them in abundance. The arrival of Junaid Khan and Aizaz Cheema must be surely positive. They have been led superbly by Misbah-ul-Haq. Perhaps, they were a bit too defensive, but that is understandable.
                  Sri Lanka will reflect upon this series and consider it as an opportunity lost. It was the batting that failed to live upto expectations barring Sangakkara. Dilshan and Mahela were the biggest culprits. There were more positives in the bowling department. Welegedara snaffled his first five wicket haul in the 3rd Test. The spinners were effective enough, though not as penetrative as a certain Murali. They have not won a test since the great man's retirement and need to think long and hard in that direction.

Comment

Commentary:

Misbah: I am extremely proud of the way our players played. It is always nice to come up with a Test win. Congrats to Sangakkara. We found it really hard to dismiss him. The conditions over here suit us just fine and I am looking forward to the One Day Internationals.

Dilshan: We gave our best in this Test after losing the 2nd Test. My boys gave their best and I am happy with them. We badly missed Dhammika and that meant our bowlers had to toil even harder. I am looking forward to the ODIs.

Sangakkara: Ajmal is one of the best bowlers around and definitely the best off-spinner along with Swann. It is disappointing to lose, but we should not lose heart. We have had many greats previously, but we should learn to play without them.

Ajmal: These were good conditions to bat and I am delighted to have done well. I was bowling to a good team and to some good batsmen. Sangakkara played really well. We needed this series win. We drew against South Africa last year and this win is great.

Kumar Sangakkara annd Saeed Ajmal share the MoS. Sangakkara scored 516 runs and Ajmal took 18 wickets.

Kumar Sangakkara is the MoM for his fine century.

Comment

Working...
                    X