IPL enters into semifinals stage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL enters into semifinals stage

The first leg of Indian Premier League (IPL) has been completed when Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore reached semifinals. Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings already cruised into semis.

Deccan got off to a flying start in pursuit of their hefty target with Herschelle Gibbs leading the way, and at the halfway stage were perfectly poised on 85 for the loss of one wicket.

But after Gibbs departed for 60, caught in the deep by Pandey off the bowling of Balachandra Akhil, Andrew Symonds (18) fell soon after and the innings unraveled.

Impressive bowling displays from Kumble (2-23) and medium pacer Akhil (2-18) sealed victory and ensured Bangalore enjoy a one-day rest while Deccan face the dangerous Daredevils.

The first semifinal of the league will be played between Delhi Daredevils and Deccan Chargers in Pretoria today at 830 PST. Geo Super will telecast the match live.

In second semifinal, Chennai Super Kings meet Royal Challengers Bangalore tomorrow.

I Have Green Blood In My Veins Because I Am a Pakistani

Working...
X